Thursday, August 16, 2007

16 August 2007

On 4 August I was able to participate in a Teen girls activity. My friend Mulenga and I worked at camp in April and felt a burden for the teen girls. We decided to put together a time where certain questions could be addressed from the Bible. Mrs. Dunphy also helped us organize it all. We had a panel to answer different questions regarding relationships, appearance, devotions and many other topics. I was on the panel along with some visiting girls from the USA, one of the pastors wives, and Mrs. Dunphy.


We were so thrilled to hear from the girls afterwards that they really enjoyed their time and learned a lot. So we Praise the Lord for that!!














Mulenga and I


A missions team from Mount Calvary Baptist Church came for 2 weeks and while they were here we had a game night with all the college students and some of the girls from FBCR. First we played a game of soccer. I was so excited cause I love to play! And I scored my teams only point on a penalty kick! =) Then we went to the school and played some more games inside. We had a great time!!














The girls after...


The 6th of August was Farmer's Day here in Zambia so we had a field day at our playing field. There was a big basketball tournament and also a soccer tournament. I was keeping score for all the basketball games! It got so hot! But we had lots of fun! Mr. Case who was visiting with the Mt. Calvary team was able to share the gospel during our break.

Here are some of the pictures...















Joy and I keeping scores...















Slam dunk!



My friends watching the games....
In a couple weeks I will be heading to Lusaka for a conference held at Kabwata Baptist Church. I am really looking forward to it. I hope to get some good ideas on how to help our conference here run better!


















1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow.. Nice pictures, bet you had a wonderful time. Hey! Thought you'd gotten used to the heat by now.... Well, brace yourself for october..... Take care..

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home