Monday, October 15, 2007

malaria

I couldn't avoid the malaria any longer... I finally had my first case of malaria on Thursday last week. I had been experiencing some pain in my back for about 4 days and just wasn't feeling quite normal. My friend Helen, who is a nurse, recommended that i go get a blood slide to see if it was malaria. I wasn't feeling particularly sick that day so i thought if i still wasn't feeling good by Monday i would go get tested. But, Toni was already taking her girls in for malaria tests so she offered to take me. I went, and got tested and it came back positive for malaria. I was a little surprised cause i sure didn't feel that sick. I went home and took the medicine and thats when i started to feel real sick. Mostly just queasy and a slight headache but very tired. I tried resting during the weekend and to me i did, but, it was probably still a little much. Friday night before Young Adults Bible study we played a game of football/soccer. I love playing and don't get many chances to play so i did! I didn't run around too much tho. Then Saturday i was feeling fine so i cleaned my apt then helped my friend make final decisions on the deocorations for the wedding in a couple weeks, but after that, i was beat. I slept for a bit then went to Teens Bible study. After that we headed up to the playing field as normal and i played just a bit of volleyball then walked up to the Petersons house for a birthday dinner with Carissa. Then home to sleep! But the malaria medicine kept me awake until 12 or after. Then Sunday a friend came over in the morning to make 2 cakes for her brothers b-day then i went for church. I wasn't feeling too well, a bit dizzy and tired but i thought i would be fine cause you only have to sit in church. Then my friend Beene came over for lunch and after we headed to where she will be having her reception. We wanted to check it out so that we could make final decisions on the deocrations. After that i was sooo tired. It was so hot out and walking around made it so much worse!! Needless to say last night i slept real good. I think i am over the malaria, i still am a bit tired today but overall i feel much better. Thank you to those who were praying for me!!

2 Comments:

Blogger undergroundcrowds said...

wow! sounds like lyme's disease symptoms. that's the only way I can relate. hope you feel better for good.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, too bad about your malaria.... Hope You're over it for real. I think you should still take some rest though......

2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home