Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Beene's Wedding and other happenings...















Saturday 27 October my good friend Beene Mutondo got married!!! Ah, where to start... Wednesday was the beginning of our wedding rehearsals and we continued rehearsing until Friday night! Here in Zambia the bridal party does different steps to enter into the church and into the reception, so that is why we rehearsed for so long. I really did enjoy it though. I had a great time getting to know those that were on the line-up with me. The night before the wedding we all stayed at the matrons house. We had a lot of fun, but didn't get much sleep! After the wedding ceremony at the church we went to Mwandi Inn to take pics and then we headed to the reception! It was such a fun day!!!
Here are some more pictures from the wedding...






























Lubasi, Kali, Me, and Beene




















Sunday morning Helen picked me up and took me out to Kakolo with her. I wrote last time that she was taking care of some newborn twins whose mom had passed away after giving birth. Well, the father is unable to care for the twins and no one else in the family could afford to care for these little girls. They asked Helen if she would care for them for 4-6 months until they could eat porridge. None of the orphanages here would take them because the father is still living, so Helen agreed to help. A couple weeks ago the Dunphy's volunteered to take care of them for a week. During that time i went over for 2 nights to help out so that Beth could sleep. The twins are now back with Helen in Kakolo which is about a 45 min drive from me. Its not so easy to get there... Sunday she was already here so she came and picked me up so i could help her out for the day. I spent the night and came into Riverside in the morning with the kids from Faith Childrens Village. I am going to go out again tomorrow night to help. Please pray for Helen that she would be able to get the sleep she needs! She runs a clinic on Tuesday's and Friday's and also helps with the administration of the orphanage so she has many responsibilities. Please also pray for these two little girls. They are now 3 1/2 weeks old! They are growing but please pray for their continued strength and health, but more importantly that they would be saved at an early age. Also for the father and family of these girls that thru the contact of Helen and Pastor Mwanisa they may come to know Christ as their Savior.
Here are some pics of the girls.... Helen has named them Leah and Rachel.














Leah




















Rachel














Leah and Rachel

When i got back from Kakolo Monday morning this is the present Isabi left for me...













Tuesday night i had some friends over to play Settlers of Catan! We had a great time!!



3 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

The pics of the wedding are beautiful! I am glad it went well. Leah & Rachel are really cute-I am sure you have fun visiting them. Settler's of Catan, huh? I thought you didn't like that game =) That is how I was when I first played it, but now I love it. We need to find peopel here to play it with! Miss you!!

3:11 AM  
Blogger Brianne said...

Well the first time i played settlers i think you played for me. since i have been here i have played it a lot. i even won... once! ;) mom just text me about your house! glad you got one!! i'll be coming to visit soon i hope!!

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous you have friends to play Settlers with. Jason & I moved to St. Louis this summer and still haven't found any friends to play settlers with. If you want to swing by St. Louis when you get home we are alway up for a game.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home